Striped Back-strap Clutch | White
Carry a piece of history with this adorable little clutch. The striped design is handwoven on traditional backstrap looms by artisans in the highlands of Guatemala. Their internationally renowned weaving skills tell a story through color and patterns of a tradition passed down through generations.
- Material: 100% Cotton with natural dyes
- Measurements: L 10.5" x H 7.5" + 3" Tassels
- Details: Zippered closure + Black lining
- Handmade with love in Guatemala
- As with all handcrafted goods, there are slight variations making each piece a work of art and truly one of a kind.
The textiles are entirely produced on traditional backstrap looms, which have been in use since the time of the Maya empire. This highly specialized weaving technique has been passed down from grandmother to mother and mother to daughter for hundreds of generations and produces intricate, durable textiles. This technique is time consuming but also very versatile and can be used to create fabrics light or heavy, smooth or textured, with endless color combinations and ikat designs.